New Year, New You! It’s that time of the year again to start reflecting and seeing what you can improve on this new year. Having difficulty coming up with your list? We’ve got you covered. Below is a list of resolutions that will help keep your local watersheds beautiful and your earth green.
- Pick up at least 5 pieces of trash on every walk or outing. Let’s stop the litter. If you pick up 5 pieces of trash a day, that totals 1,825 pieces of litter a year!
- Time to clean out the basement and garage but remember there are many products we use in our daily lives contain hazardous ingredients that must be properly disposed, or they’ll hurt our environment and get into our water. Find your closest Household Hazardous Waste Facility here.
- Do you have a dog? Be sure you are always keeping a couple of doody pick up bags every time you go on walks with your furry friend.
- Make an effort to regularly monitor your irrigation systems to identify any leaks, or broken sprinklers.
- Choose to Broom this year. Instead of hosing down your driveway, and sending pollutants into storm drains, just sweep to keep clean.
- Plan to reduce your use of single use items! Buy that metal straw, reusable coffee mug, silicone reusable bags.
- Keep a trash bag in your car to avoid littering.
We commit to these values and practices in our everyday lives so that we can make a greater contribution to protect our environment and our local watersheds. We hope that these conservation commitments inspire you to add to your resolutions. Remember, be kind to your environment this year!